So, today this post will guide you ios 16 lock screen customization and ios 16 home screen wallpaper with image, let’s get started.
Popular custom wallpapers are among the new additions to Apple’s most recent iOS release that change the appearance and feel of your iPhone. Additionally, it provides cool customizations like widgets, depth effects, and font styles. In this article, we’ll explain how to easily understand iOS 16 wallpapers and personalise the lock screen and home screen to your preferences. To share this with your Android (Green bubble) friends, you can also refer to our guide on how to install the iOS 16 lock screen on Android.
Know How to Customize iOS 16 Lock Screen and Home Screen Wallpaper?
On your iPhone running iOS 16, we’ve included a complete guide that will show you how to modify every aspect of the lock screen and wallpaper.
There are numerous built-in wallpapers available with iOS 16. These wallpapers have a tonne of cool features that can be played with and are fully editable. This is how you can alter it:
1. Long tap or hold the lock screen to see a selection of wallpapers.
2. Tap the + icon in the bottom right corner to select a new wallpaper.
3. You can select from a variety of wallpapers here. Some wallpapers provide effects, such as the weather wallpaper, which provides dynamic effects based on location and time of day. Some of my favourite wallpapers are from Collections and Astronomy.
4. Now, tap on your preferred wallpaper to personalise it.
5. You can also access wallpapers by going to Settings > Wallpaper > Add New Wallpaper.
How to Set Custom Wallpapers on iOS 16?
You can add multiple lock screens at once in iOS 16, allowing you to toggle them based on your mood and vibe. So, instead of using the in-built wallpaper, you can add an image from your most recent trip or a picture of a loved one as shown below.
1. Long press the lock screen and tap the plus (+) icon; now, from the top left corner, select the Photos tab.
2. Select the image you want to use as your wallpaper and proceed to customise it. After that, tap Add to save the changes.
If your photo has a different aspect ratio or is smaller than the screen size, you can fit a square photo on the iOS 16 lock screen by following our guide.
Photo Shuffle Feature – Must Try
Photo Shuffle allows you to automatically switch between different wallpapers over time.
1. From the Wallpaper menu, select Photo Shuffle.
2. Select your preferred wallpapers and the shuffle frequency.
3. Select the images option to cycle through the images you’ve chosen and individually change their crop and scale.
4. Once you’ve finished customising, tap Add.
Must Try Wallpapers Feature
While there are many wallpapers available for iOS, these dynamic and colourful wallpapers were some of our favourites.
Astronomy provides a variety of wallpapers depicting the solar system, the planet Earth, and the Moon. That of the Earth changes dynamically based on your current location and timing. It has a truly magical feel to it, making it one of our favourites.
1. Navigate to the Astronomy section of the wallpapers menu to set Astronomy Wallpapers.
2. Swipe left/right to see all of your options, then tap Done.
Must Try Colour Feature
Colored wallpapers that are mostly spread across a gradient feel minimal and calm, instantly setting the right mood.
1. To set coloured wallpapers, select Colour from the wallpaper menu’s bottom.
2. You can select from the available presets or customise them to your preferred colour.
Must Try Weather Feature
Weather wallpaper changes dynamically based on your weather conditions, providing you with an easy and quick overview of the current weather in your area.
1. To set the Weather wallpaper, go to the Wallpaper menu and tap Add.
Customizing iOS 16 Wallpaper – Custom Fonts
After you’ve installed the wallpaper on your iPhone’s lock screen running iOS 16, you can further customise it with your preferred font and colour. This is how.
1. Navigate to the lock screen UI and select Customize.
2. Now, on the lock screen, tap the Clock.
3. A new pop-up will appear with a selection of font styles and colours to choose from.
4. Select your favourite font and customise its colours to your preference.
Add Custom Widgets on iOS 16
With iOS 16, Apple introduced widgets, which allow you to personalise your iPhone directly from the lock screen. This tutorial will show you how to add widgets to the iOS 16 lock screen.
1. On the lock screen, just below the clock and time, tap the Add Widgets box.
2. You can now add up to four widgets from the built-in widgets as well as a custom widget for apps such as Fitness, Snapchat, and others.
3. When you’ve finished adding your favourite widgets, click the cross button to close the tab.
4. You can also customise and replace the calendar widget with options such as stocks, fitness, and so on.
Apply Wallpaper Filters
While you can change the font of the clock, did you know you can also add filters to your chosen iOS 16 lock screen wallpaper? Here’s how it’s done:
1. While on the customization screen, swipe left or right to reveal and change the filters.
2. Choose the one that makes your wallpaper stand out.
The iOS 16 lock screen currently supports four filters: Natural, Black and White, and Duo-Tone. More filters are expected in future software updates.
Add Depth Effect to iOS 16 Lock Screen
For good reason, the Depth Effect on the iOS 16 lock screen is the most talked about feature. It magically places the wallpaper on top of your lock screen’s time and clock to create a three-dimensional effect. This is truly magical because it does not require a portrait mode shot to achieve. The phone can recognise and map out the subject in the image in order to place the time/clock behind it. Here’s how to put it to use:
1. Navigate to the customization page.
2. Tap the three-dots icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Enable the Depth Effect by tapping on it.
It has some limitations (for example, it only works on iPhones with an A12 Bionic chip or higher), but it works well on almost all wallpapers with a prominent subject – and it looks fantastic!
Note: For some wallpapers, the depth effect may need to be manually adjusted by pinch zooming.
Customizations Home Screen on iOS 16
When you’ve finished customising your iOS 16 lock screen, you’ll be prompted to either make it a home screen and lock screen pair or manually Customize your Home Screen. If you want to manually customise your home screen, you have a lot of options. While not as extensive as the lock screen, they are sufficient for a new look.
1. After you’ve finished customising the lock screen, tap Done.
2. From the pop-up menu, select Customize Home Screen.
3. You can now keep it as is, apply a solid colour, a colour gradient, or even set a photo.
4. If you choose the lock screen wallpaper or a picture from the gallery, you can also set a Blur background.
Tips: Quick Switch Between Customized Wallpapers
Naturally, after making so many customizations, you may want to save these for later use so that you can experiment with different wallpapers without disrupting your current set of personalization. Fortunately, we now have the option. Like the Apple Watch, iOS 16 allows you to save and quickly access multiple customised wallpaper sets.
1. Long press the Lock Screen.
2. Swipe left or right to access the wallpaper sets you’ve previously personalised.
3. Simply tap a wallpaper to apply it – it’s that simple!
4. To add more Wallpapers, tap the plus (+) icon in the bottom right corner.
So that was all about the iOS 16 wallpaper and how to customise the lock screen and home screen to your liking. Please like and share this guide if you found it useful. Check out the links below for more useful tech tips and tricks, and stay tuned for more.